When you cook and you get fast food instead.

Okay, I admit that this time it was no one's fault, or done on purpose for that matter. Which is why I chuckled when it happened. 

So a little backstory here. The other night I went to the farmers' market with my wife and in-laws. She sort of avoided the fruit and veggies section because she had been worried about finances. Well at this point I have been craving fresh produce because I love using fresh products. Well I splurged, got myself fifty dollars worth of produce.  Now a fair chunk of it was the palmetto honey and the locally brewed sugar cane syrup. Which is absolutely fantastic, by the way.  It carried that richness molasses is know for without the burnt taste. It is somewhere in the middle of the domain between a simple syrup and molasses. The taste is phenomenal.  The palmetto honey is subtle, rich, and mild. It isn't as in your face as orange blossom or as delicate as clover honey. Then I proceeded to get multiple citrus types, two colors of asparagus, orange tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and sauces. 

Suffice to say I got creative tonight. I mixed in portobello, asparagus, Amish Minerva butter, citrus salt, and tamari soy sauce. My wife took her mom to church. They didn't get my picture till later. So.... they came home with a taco bell. 😆 On, the other hand my second creation which is sweet corn dipped in the syrup with butter, cotija cheese and truffle salt got spotted by then little.  Aka Gracie and is currently being enjoyed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MyWaifusOwnChef